Discover the Jura, Doubs and Ornans
“WHEREVER THE COMTÉ FLAG FLIES, YOU’RE AT HOME, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE!”
The natural setting of the Loue Valley in eastern France is brimming with activities. Landscapes full of character, recounting local history: discover an unspoilt world. There are numerous marked trails for cycling and hiking and activities for all tastes, including canoeing, rock climbing, via ferrata or even caving.
If you take the time to look and listen, you’ll find stunning, rich heritage along your path. Head out and discover the history of Doubs and the Jura Mountains, where culture and traditions are carried on in museums recounting the memories of past centuries. Museums celebrating Comté customs, wine, cheese or the famous local painter Gustave Courbet (National Museum in Ornans, with temporary and permanent exhibitions).
Nearby, the town of Besançon (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), with its historical centre of far-away origins, offers a wide range of museums, visits and splendid architecture (the Citadel and the fortifications of Vauban, the astronomical clock, the Museum of the French Resistance, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Time and the zoo). Then follow your heart’s desire along the roads of our incredible Franche-Comté region, discovering the Royal Saltworks in Senans (UNESCO), Château de Joux, Dino-Zoo, the Osselle Caves, the Nans-sous-Saint-Anne tool-making site, the medieval town of Nozeroy and its show, the lakes and waterfalls of the Jura Mountains, vineyards producing famous vin jaune and straw wine…
Our motto: “Comtois, surrender, not on your life!"
DECOUVRIR FRANCHE-COMTE, THE JURA MOUNTAINS
- Ornans, historical town, “the Venice of France”
- National Museum of the painter Gustave Courbet in Ornans
- Dino-Zoo prehistoric park, Poudrey Pit Cave 15 min from Ornans
- Besançon, UNESCO site, the Citadel (zoo, museums…), the old town, the quays
- Osselle Caves 25 min away
- Museum of Comté Houses in Nancray 20 min from Ornans
- Cheese dairies, farmhouse restaurants, apiaries, Pontarlier Absinthe less than 30 km from Ornans
- St.-Point and Remoray lakes 45min from Ornans
- Castles: Cléron (15th century) 10 min from Ornans, and Joux (13th century) 45 min from Ornans
- The Saut du Doubs waterfall 40 min from Ornans
- The Royal Saltworks in Arc et Senans in Salins-les-Bains 40 min from Ornans
- The Nans-sous-Saint-Anne tool-making site 25 min from Ornans
- Pays d'Ornans Loue Lison Tourist Office: +33 (0)3 81 62 21 50
Discover the Loue and Lison area
- Les Plantes Compagnes Association (Montgesoye)
- Ornans Market Association
- Le Hameau du fromage (Cléron)
- Les Clarines comtoises, Franche-Comté local products (Tuesday market)
Discover Doubs and the Jura
Open from 03/04/2023 to 03/10/2023
Le camping plébiscité !
The Venezia Lodge is a romantic, Baroque cocoon, perfect for a couple’s holiday. Comfortable and unique with its canopy bed and its lion clawfoot tub. The fully-equipped kitchen, the toilet, the wooden terrace and the private, wooded lot round off this cabin, in harmony with nature.
Organic apple juice
from the campsite!
Our apple juice is available in the campsite’s shop!
Made with apples from our orchard and pressed by our friend Pierre from the "Poussin Farm", an organic farmer in Mérey-sous-Montrond, our apple juice easily obtained the organic certification.
The label on the bottle was created by Sandrine in the magical and legendary spirit of our campsite.